In December 2016, Joint Petitioners NorthStar Decommissioning Holdings, LLC (NorthStar) and Entergy Nuclear Operations, Inc. (Entergy) filed with the Vermont Public Utility Commission for approval of a transfer of the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station’s Certificate of Public Good from Entergy Nuclear Vermont Yankee, LLC to NorthStar in order to decommission the Vermont Yankee Station. The Commission assigned the proceeding case number 8880.
- ePUC Home - Note that you will need to create an individual account in order to log in, view filings, and/or submit a public comment
- Case 8880 - Direct link to the proceeding
Memorandum of Understanding and Settlement Agreement
- Memorandum of Understanding (March 2, 2018)
In addition to the MOU filed with the PUC, the State (ANR, DPS, AGO, joined by VDH), NorthStar and Entergy, and other parties in the proceeding, have entered into a separate Settlement Agreement to resolve issues related to this proceeding. The complete document and list of signatory parties can be found here:
- Settlement Agreement (March 2, 2018)
A summary of the MOU and Settlement Agreement may be found here:
- Summary of Agreement (March 2, 2018)
Media inquiries or questions about the MOU and Settlement Agreement may be directed to Jim Porter, Director of the Public Advocacy Division at the Vermont Department of Public Service, at 802-828-4003.