The work we do at the Agency of Natural Resources covers a wide variety of topics. Although much of our work is particular to a single Department (for instance, Fish & Wildlife is solely responsible for hunter education, while Environmental Conservation covers all aspects of monitoring underground storage tanks), there are aspects of our work which cross departmental boundaries.
Some of these Special Topics of interest include:
- ARPA in Vermont: Congress passed ARPA earlier this year to address economic impacts due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This national plan commits $1.9 trillion in APRA funds to address the public health and economic crises caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The State of Vermont will receive more than $2.7 billion in ARPA funds for projects related to the pandemic.
- Vermont Climate Action Commission: In 2017, Governor Phil Scott issued an executive order to form the Vermont Climate Action Commission. Learn more about the commission, including their recommendations.
- Act 73 Working Group: As part of Act 73, the Agency of Natural Resources convened this group to develop long-term clean water funding recommendations to support clean water efforts in Vermont.
- Interagency Committee on Chemical Management: Formed by executive order, Governor Phil Scott created this committee to better protect Vermonters from exposure to unsafe chemicals in drinking water and the environment and assist businesses with compliance with federal and State laws related to chemical reporting and management requirements.
- Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station Decommissioning: The Agency of Natural Resources is participating in the Public Utility Commission's Proceeding to decommission the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station.
- Municipal Day: An annual training spearheaded by the Agency to provide a wide variety of workshops for municipal officials.
- Threatened and Endangered Species Takings Permit: Under certain circumstances, permits may be issued by the Agency Secretary for the "taking" of plants or animals listed as Threatened or Endangered