When Governments Cooperate - State Government Municipal Day
A Day of Workshops for Vermont's Local Government Officials
The full-day, single-track workshop in Rutland took place on November 1. If you didn't get a chance to join us, we hope to see you next year. You can find the agenda below or download a printable version.
8:00-8:30 Registration, Coffee and Pastries
8:30-9:25 Welcome: Who We Are and How We Serve Municipalities
- Rick Oberkirch, Permit Specialist and Patrick Lowkes, Environmental Enforcement Officer (Environmental Compliance Division, DEC) -- Presentation (opens as a PDF)
- Angela Repella (Army Corps of Engineers) -- Presentation (opens as a PDF)
9:30-11:00 Funding Panel: Basins, Rivers, and Floodplains
Angie Allen, Allison Lewis, Jim Pease, Dave Rosa
A panel of Department of Environmental Conservation staffers will help you navigate rivers and floodplain issues: Basin Planning, Ecosystem Restoration Program Grants, Stormwater Master Planning, Flood and River Corridors. End with Q&A session for the panel.
Presentations (open as a PDF)
- Basin Planning (Angie Allen)
- Clean Water Initiative Program Funding Opportunities (Allison Lewis)
- Stormwater (Jim Pease)
- Floodplains (Dave Rosa)
11:10-12:20 Funding Panel: Municipal Roads and Wastewater
Joel Perrigo, Jim Ryan, Lynnette Claudon
A panel of Department of Environmental Conservation and Vermont Agency of Transportation staffers will help you navigate municipal roads and wastewater issues: Better Back Roads Program, Municipal Roads General Permit, Wastewater. End with Q&A session for the panel.
Presentations (open as a PDF)
- Better Back Roads Program (Joel Perrigo)
- Municipal Roads General Permit (Jim Ryan)
- Village Wastewater (Lynnette Claudon)
12:20-1:00 Lunch (provided) and Networking
1:00-2:10 Lightning Round
A medley of short presentations by staffers from the Department of Environmental Conservation, the Department of Forests Parks and Recreation, and the Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Elias Erwin - Flush It and Forget It: Wastewater -- Presentation (opens as a PDF)
- Mia Roethlein - The Next Frontier of Universal Recycling -- Presentation (opens as a PDF)
- Emma Hanson - Transitioning to Automated Wood Heat -- Presentation (opens as a PDF)
2:15-3:40 Lightning Round (continued)
A medley of short presentations by staffers from the Department of Fish and Wildlife and the Agency of Agriculture Food Markets
- Tyler Brown - Resolving Beaver Conflicts -- Presentation (opens as a PDF)
- Monica Przyperhart - Municipal Conservation Commissions -- Presentation (opens as a PDF)
- Monica Przyperhart - Land Use Planning Tool: BioFinder -- Presentation (opens as a PDF)
- Kaitlin Hayes & Nina Gage - Where Agriculture and Municipalities Intersect -- Presentation (opens as a PDF)
3:40-3:50 How Else Can We Help?
Zapata Courage (Department of Environmental Conservation)
A short review of last year’s Rutland Municipal Day presentations as a refresher and invitation for follow-up questions.
Presentation (opens as a PDF)