TRANSPORTATION AND CLIMATE INITIATIVE (TCI)
The Transportation and Climate Initiative (TCI) is a regional collaboration of 12 Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states and the District of Columbia that seeks to improve transportation, develop the clean energy economy and reduce carbon emissions from the transportation sector. The participating states are Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia. Additional information on the TCI can be found at https://www.transportationandclimate.org
In December 2018 nine of the TCI states and the District of Columbia issues a statement committing to collaborate on designing “…a regional low-carbon transportation policy proposal that would cap and reduce carbon emissions from the combustion of transportation fuels through a cap-and-invest program or other pricing mechanism… [and]… to complete the policy development process within one year, after which each jurisdiction will decide whether to adopt and implement the policy.”
With ongoing facilitation support from the Georgetown Climate Center, TCI states are planning and beginning to implement a range of activities to ensure that the final proposed policy reflects further input from diverse stakeholders, rigorous technical analysis, and consultation with leading experts.
May 14, 2019: Presentation
- Peter Walke, Deputy Secretary, Agency of Natural Resources
- Michele Boomhower, Director of Policy, Planning, & Intermodal Development, VTrans
- Riley Allen, Deputy Commissioner, Department of Public Service
- Dan Dutcher, Environmental Policy Manager, VTrans
- Heidi Hales, Director, Air Quality and Climate Division, Agency of Natural Resources
Ken Jones, Economic Research Analyst, Agency Commerce and Community Development
- Elle O’Casey, Communications Director, Agency of Natural ResourcesMegan O’Toole, Attorney, Air Quality and Climate Division, Agency of Natural Resources
- Dan Potter, Energy Policy and Program Analyst, Department of Public Service
- Collin Smythe, Environmental Analyst, Air Quality and Climate Division, Agency of Natural Resources
- Leslie Welts, Attorney, VTrans Brian Woods, Environmental Analyst, Air Quality and Climate Division, Agency of Natural Resources
Submit your questions and comments to the TCI online form. If you'd like our leadership and staff to respond to your comment or question, we'd be happy to. Please add a note to your entry asking for a response and we'll get back to you within a timely manner.