Notice of Nondiscrimination
The Vermont Agency of Natural Resources operates its programs, services, and activities without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin (including limited English proficiency), ancestry, place of birth, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, breastfeeding, HIV-related blood test, workers’ compensation, family and parental leave, flexible work arrangements, membership or non-membership in a union, crime victim status, credit history, and any other factor that is prohibited by law.
We will not tolerate discrimination, intimidation, threats, coercion, or retaliation against any individual or group because they have exercised their rights protected by law.
Federal Nondiscrimination Law
As a recipient of federal funding, ANR complies with the following federal nondiscrimination laws:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (“Title VI”)
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (“Section 504”)
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975
- Section 13 of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act Amendments of 1972 (requiring that no person on the basis of sex be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination in any program receiving Clean Water Act funding)
- Title 40 Code of Federal Regulations Part 5 and Part 7 (EPA regulations implementing the above-referenced statutes)
State Nondiscrimination Law
Nondiscrimination in our Workplace
ANR complies with federal and state prohibitions on workplace discrimination. Workplace discrimination complaints are addressed in Department of Human Resources Personnel Policy Number 3.3. If you are a ANR employee and have questions about discrimination, call the Department of Human Resources at 802-828-3491.
Questions or Complaints regarding Nondiscrimination
If you have any questions about ANR’s nondiscrimination notice or programs, or if you believe that you have been discriminated against with respect to a ANR program or activity, contact the Agency of Natural Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-828-1294.
If you speak a language other than English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 802-828-1556.