Act 250 Land Use Permits
Act 250 Land Use Permits are administered by the Natural Resources Board. The Agency of Natural Resources reviews Act 250 permit applications and provides the Natural Resources Board with evidence and recommendations regarding project impacts on natural resources and the environment.
ACT 250 Database Search (Natural Resources Board)
Section 248 Certificates of Public Good
Section 248 Certificates of Public Good are administered by the Public Utility Commission. The Agency of Natural Resources reviews Section 248 Certificate of Public Good applications and provides the Public Utility Commission with evidence and recommendations regarding project impacts on natural resources and the environment.
Public Utility Commission Electronic Filing System ePUC (Public Utility Commission)
More Act 250 and Section 248 information:
- New Projects: The Natural Resources Board and the Public Utility Commission have online resources where the public can find newly filed projects:
- Agency of Natural Resources Guidance Documents for Act 250 and Section 248
- Agency of Natural Resources Certificate of Public Good (CPG) Application Fee Form
- Regulatory Agendas at ANR: The Agency of Natural Resources develops weekly agendas listing all new Section 248 and Act 250 permit applications for the week. This Agenda is compiled independently from the Public Utility Commission and Natural Resources Board and is intended for internal staff use only. The weekly agendas are available to the public as a resource and archived at the links below. If you have questions regarding a project listed on the Agenda, please contact the Public Utility Commission (for Sectoin 248 projects) or the Natural Resources Board (for Act 250 projects).
- The Agency of Natural Resources keeps copies of initial Section 248 application information for internal reference, and the site is open to the public. Please note that these files may not be complete. For complete permit information, contact the Public Utility Commission.