Free Language Services for ANR Materials and Services
When accessing ANR materials or programs and you speak a language other than English or need a reasonable accommodation for effective communication, we offer free language assistance. Please call (802) 636-7827 and we can support getting you access to language services. The State of Vermont contracts with several Translation Services organizations.
PLEASE NOTE: we do not provide general language services.
Google's free service instantly translates web pages between English and over 100 other languages. There may be some limitations with this service. For more information, please read the Google Translate Disclaimer.
Other Translation Options
Alternative computer-based translation systems may be utilized. The Agency of Natural Resources also offers free direct language services.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 802-636-7827.
"I Speak" Cards
The Vermont Agency of Natural Resources is committed to ensuring meaningful public participation of all people. The "I Speak" card will assist people with limited English proficiency to identify their languages in order to better communicate with ANR staff. How to use this card:
- During an in-person interaction, show the card to the individual and ask them to point to the language they speak.
- Select one of the vendors below.
- Identify your Department by providing the codes below.
- Say the language you need.
- You will be connected with a certified interpreter.
- Keep a record of your interaction that includes date, time, and language spoken.