Invasive species are not native to Vermont and have negative effects on our economy, our environment, or our health. ANR strives to limit the spread of invasive species currently within our borders and to prevent the introduction of new ones. The second greatest threat to biodiversity, in Vermont and across the world, is the proliferation of invasive species.
Terrestrial Invasives and Forest Pests
- Information on Invasive Plants in Vermont
- Information on Forest Pests and Other Causes of Damage
- Volunteer to become a Forest Pest First Detector
- To identify terrestrial species, visit the Vermont Invasives Website
- For more information on firewood regulations, visit the Firewood and Invasive Pests site.
- Information on the Vermont Noxious Weeds Quarantine list.