Skip to main content

Contact Us for Assistance

Download a printable version.

Land and Dams

Landslide Information: Emergency – 911, Non-Emergency – 211  
     Report a Slide if recent erosion or a landslide may impact structures on your property.
Dam Concerns: Emergency – 911, Non-Emergency – 211


Septic System Problems: 802-828-1535 (DEC)
Municipal Wastewater Treatment Facility Problems: 802-828-1115 (DEC)

Drinking Water

Where to Find Bottled Water: Call 211
Private Well/Drinking Water Questions: 802-489-7339 (Health)
Free Water Test Kits: 802-338-4724 (Health)
Boil Water and Do Not Drink Notices: 802-828-1535 (DEC)
Check the Boil Water and Do Not Drink Notice list. Learn what to do if you receive a notice.

Clean Up

Pumping Out Your Basement: 802-828-1138 or 800-641-5005 (DEC)
Rivers/Stream Questions: 802-828-1115 (DEC)
Managing Flood Debris/Trash: 802-828-1138 (DEC)
Reporting Hazmat Spills: 802-828-1138 (DEC)
Reporting Flood Damage: Call 211

Not Sure Who to Call?

The Environmental Assistance Office can help direct you to the right DEC staff member.

Northern VT – 802-477-2241
Southern VT – 802-282-6488